Berry French Toast
- 4 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup nonfat Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- pinch of Ground Cinnamon
- 8 slices of Light Whole Wheat Bread
- Powdered Sugar (optional)
- 2 cups Berries (Raspberries & Blueberries)
- Pure Maple Syrup (optional)
Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a glass pie dish.
Working in batches, dip bread in egg mixture; let soak for 30 seconds on each side.
Spray large nonstick skillet with vegetable oil spray.
Heat over medium heat. Working in batches, add bread to skillet and cook until golden, about 4 minutes per side.
Transfer to serving plate. Dust with powdered sugar if desired. Top with berries. Serve with warm maple syrup on the side.
Vegetarian Low Fat Ready in 15 minutes, recipe by Eggland’s Best.
Makes 8 servings