Blueberry Chicken & Avocado Pockets
- 1 Pkg. (6 oz.) Baby Spinach, 6 Cups Loosely Packed
- 1 Large Avocado, Cubed
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1 lb. SMF Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, Cut into 1-inch Cubes from Springer Mountain Farms
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Sliced Thin
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Blue Cheese Garlic Dressing:
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup White Vinegar
- ½ Cup Fat Free Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Thyme
- ½ Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1 Large Ripe Tomato, Sliced
- 6 Pita Pockets, Split
In large bowl, combine spinach, avocado, and blueberries. Set aside until needed.
In large skillet, brown chicken and garlic in olive oil over medium-high heat until cooked through and no longer pink, about 8-10 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes; toss with spinach salad mixture.
To make dressing, combine olive oil, vinegar, Ricotta cheese, garlic, and thyme in blender. Process on high until thoroughly combined, about 15-30 seconds. Fold in blue cheese. Stir to combine.
Pour dressing over chicken-spinach mixture. Toss to coat. Place one tomato slice in each half salad pocket. Evenly distribute salad mixture in each salad pocket.
Place salad pockets on large serving platter and garnish with fresh blueberries and mint sprigs, if desired.