Zesty Pumpkin Soup
- ¼ C CLOVER BUTTER, organic or conventional
- 1 C onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tspn curry powder
- ½ tspn salt
- 1/4 tspn ground coriander
- 1/8 tspn crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 C chicken broth
- 1 ¾ C solid pack pumpkin (16 oz. can)
- 1 C CLOVER HALF & HALF, organic or conventional
- Garnish – CLOVER SOUR CREAM, chives and freshly grated parmesan cheese
In a large saucepan, melt butter; sauté onion and garlic until soft.
Add curry powder, salt, coriander and red pepper; cook 1 minute.
Add broth; boil gently, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes.
Stir in pumpkin and half and half; cook 5 minutes.
Pour into blender container. Cover; blend until creamy.
Serve warm. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream, chopped chives and parmesan cheese.
Makes 6 cups